Holi is all about colors, cocktails, and mouth-watering delicacies. Filled with enthusiasm, we all tend to become a little carefree and devour the fried and carb-laden food. While it’s acceptable to have extra cheat meals, it is also important to get back in shape post the festivities.
People often have issues like a bloated stomach, acidity, dehydration after the festivities due to imbalanced digestion and poor metabolism. They are unable to manage the excess intake of sweets and deep-fried food but try to savor them all.
Happiness on Holi comes in a box of sweets. If you too couldn’t resist that extra gujiya, read further to know how to shed those extra kilos gained during the festive period.
- Detoxify: Begin by drinking a glass of warm water with a dash of honey & lemon as the first thing in the morning after the festival. This will boost your metabolism and prepare your body for further weight loss exercises. You may also think of having Tulsi/Cinnamon-infused drinks to stimulate the gut to accept healthy foods.
- Say no to sugar: After gobbling a lot of fried snacks and sweets, it’s time to cut your sugar intake. Consider avoiding it for a long duration. However, fruits and veggies could be consumed to fulfill natural sugar requirements.
- Embrace the probiotics: Probiotic foods like curd and yogurt improves the gut microflora. It will help you to reduce bloating and improve your overall immunity.
- Have control over your plate: Plan your meals well in advance and check the portion size. For instance, make sure to make the last meal light and healthy. Also, stick to home-cooked food and stay hydrated.
- Trust the micronutrients: Incorporate bajra, ragi in your cereal basket. Don’t forget to add chia seeds and pumpkin seeds to your smoothies. These are rich sources of zinc, iron, flavonols, and antioxidants. And if you’re still missing the sweetness of the delicacies, consider dark chocolate as the alternative. It is way healthier and will keep you pumped all day.
- Exercise: Schedule an extra hour in your regular workout regime to lose maximum calories. Divide it into sessions of yoga, mediation, and cardio. Yoga and meditation will help you in mindful eating. Cardio exercises like swimming, jumping rope, cycling are best known to aid in the weight loss process.
- Take enough rest: After taking care of all the above measures, don’t forget to miss out on your beauty sleep. Proper rest is vital for the rejuvenation of the body. An imbalanced sleep-wake cycle can elevate the weight loss process.
While these tips could be helpful, it takes strong willpower and discipline to venture into a weight loss journey. At the same time, don’t be too harsh on yourself by fearing the food. Divide your healthy meals into chunks, accompany them with regular exercise, and you are good to go!
So, don’t wait anymore and get set to scrap off those extra calories. After all, the flavorsome savories of Diwali await you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.