One thing we all must agree upon is that organic products (organic food, personal care etc.) contain more beneficial nutrients as compared to conventional lab-prepared synthetic products.
If you are in a dilemma between a superficially fascinating artificial product and a simple-looking natural one? Always go for the organic product. It is preferable to use natural products because they are more affordable, have a lesser probability of side effects, and most importantly do not harm the environment.
In the context of daily use, natural products should be preferred over artificial/synthetic ones because:
1. Environment Friendly – Natural substances are easily disposable and their manufacture does not harm the environment. On the other hand, Synthetic materials do not seep into the ground naturally. If they do, it causes harm to the soil. Also, the manufacture of some synthetic products is immensely stressful for the environment.
2. Safer to Use – There is less probability of a natural product harming our body as opposed to a synthetic product. The human body has evolved per the natural elements. Whenever you consume or apply a natural product, it adjusts with your body. On the contrary, some of the synthetic chemicals are alien to your body and may harm it.
3. Does not Harm Animals – Many synthetic product manufacturer companies test their products over animals before approving them. It is detrimental for the animal used. Natural products usually forego the animal testing phase. They are more ethical and empathetic towards animals than many other big synthetic product companies.
4. Rich with Nutrients – The nutrient bar of natural products is much higher than most synthetic products. It is one of the chief attributes that differentiate between the two. Synthetic skin care products generally include lab-made ingredients like Triclosan, Glyceryl Stearate, Dye #4, and petrolatum which are harmful to the human body. Natural products on the other hand contain argan oil, lemon juice, apple juice, etc. which are beneficial to our bodies.
5. Easier to the Skin – Certain skin types are highly sensitive to synthetic products. You must avoid synthetic products containing parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, dyes, propylene, glycol, and triclosan. Using such products can cause swelling, redness, itching, and even allergic reaction on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, it is advisable to use only natural products as they are the least harmful and are beneficial for the skin.
Never choose a product blindly only because it is labeled as natural, learn about its ingredients, and choose for yourself accordingly.
Modern chemistry has indeed introduced the world to some very toxic substances like DDT and Dioxins. If you are looking for a truly natural substance, consider that most organic substances are grown with the help of synthetic pesticides which are highly toxic.
There is a misconception amongst people that all-natural products are good and anything artificial is bad. It is not always true, a lot of natural substances are more toxic than some synthetic substances. There are some artificial products like medicines that give better benefits than natural ones.
In regular use, it is difficult to determine the reaction of a chemical to a body or skin type. The route of synthetic products is full of uncertainties. Therefore, It is better to use natural products to avoid the possibilities of side effects and health hazards.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.