Are you all set for the winter season? Your winter checklist might be incomplete without a proper plan that keeps you warm and energized.
While winter is a time when our bodies start to crave comfort, our health can take a back seat. It is natural to feel lazy in the cooler months but winter wellness should be on priority.
Let’s look at some of the aspects of winter wellness which will keep you cosy and healthy at the same time.
- Begin your day with this brew: Cold and cough become common in the winter months. Thus, it’s better to be proactive against these ailments. A simple way is to brew tulsi leaves in hot water. Cool it down and add a spoonful of honey. This concoction is easy to prepare and will keep cold at bay. It has a range of benefits:
- Daily use boosts immunity.
- Maintains your blood sugar levels.
- Energizes you for the day.
- Keeps your heart healthy.
- Never miss workout sessions: You may feel like laying down under a warm blanket for hours, but physical activity is vital in winter. Moving around will not only keep you warm but also improve your defence ability against seasonal flu, cold, and cough. Make sure you work out for around half an hour daily. It will make you feel energized and lively throughout the day.
- Embrace the superfoods: While you devour the exclusive hot savouries of the season, do not compromise your health. A balanced diet is essential to keep you metabolically active and boost your immune system. You can include the following superfoods in your diet:
Dates: They are known to be a good source of vitamins, fibres, and minerals. Dates have great healing powers. The calcium in them is good for oral and bone health.
Mustard: The delicious ‘sarson ka saag’, topped with ghee, is loaded with powerful antioxidants. It is a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K.
Millets: These are low-glycemic and high in fibre. Bajra, ragi, etc are packed with minerals, vitamins, and nutrients.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize: The winter months can cause great damage to the skin in the form of dryness, chapped lips, cracked heels, etc. Make it a habit to use a moisturizer twice a day. You may use a natural one such as Almond oil. It provides the right amount of moisture and adds a natural glow to the skin. Another product is raw milk. It is loaded with antioxidants and works as a great toner. The lactic acid in milk depigments the skin, providing even skin tone.
Though the water requirement of the body goes down in the winter month significantly, make sure to stay hydrated. Also, as you enjoy the sunshine, do not forget to put on sunscreen.
- Draw yourself a warm bath: Even the thought of taking a shower on a cold winter morning may seem scary. However, skipping bathing can invite germs, make you lazy, and degrade your immunity.
The steam of warm water clears the respiratory passage, ensuring enough oxygen to your lungs. A warm water bath will help you stay in good shape, prevent sore throat, and make you feel pleasant throughout the day.
Being proactive about your body and preparing for colder temperatures can help you stay in good health in the cooler months.
Don’t forget to supercharge yourselves with these tips in your daily winter routine as you snuggle up in a warm blanket!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.